Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Hangover

I'm not a big fan of slapstick/bathroom/embarrassment humor; so, I didn't have any intention of seeing "The Hangover". It seemed to fit squarely in the "Something About Mary"/"Meet the Parents"/Almost-Everything-with-Will-Farrell category of stuff I don't find funny enough to pay theater prices. But, when I kept hearing how good it was I added it to the suggestion list the last time we went to the movies.

Boy was I wrong. This movie is hysterical. Several of the gags could easily have been lame, but they are so over-the-top absurd and creative they're knee-slapping funny instead of eye-rolling funny. I cannot say very much about the movie here because a lot of it's punch is in the surprises. But I will say kudos to the writers and the cast (and everyone else involved) for taking a silly premise - losing the groom during a bachelor party in Vegas - and delivering a fresh and very (very!) funny movie.

Go see it. It's definitely worth the ticket price, even if you have to pay to park and you buy the big tub of popcorn.

3 comments:

Trix in the Stix said...

Well you know that lewd & crude IS my sense of humor... so obviously I wanted to see it... and it certainly did not disappoint! I think that one just might be a keeper once it comes out on DVD!

Bee said...

This is the next movie we will be seeing. It was between "Up" and this one but I want to see something that will make me laugh. I might not be able to make it to my Sunday matinee!

Rhonda Sloan said...

Yeah! I can't wait to go see it.