Sunday, September 20, 2009

First There Were Two...

And now there are three.

Ever since I arrived in Houston, I have been tickled by the fact that there are two Starbucks at the intersection of West Gray and Shepherd. Even more amusing is that regulars are fiercely loyal to "their" Starbucks. Rarely do they venture to the "other" store; which may have something to do with the fact that both were spared during the great store closing of '08. I have to admit, I'm not that picky, I hit whichever one most closely matches my trajectory; of course, I'm not a regular, so I don't count.

Apparently, two Starbucks aren't enough, with the opening of the new Barnes & Noble there are now THREE Starbucks at the intersection of West Gray and Shepherd. Seriously, how much coffee can we drink (she asks as she's sipping a mocha Frappacino)? Some might say that the Cafe inside the bookstore doesn't count, but if it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck.......

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I like Starbucks. I'm just fascinated by two successful stores so close together.

3 comments:

Bee said...

I'm trying to land a part time job, maybe I should try Starbucks since they're opening them up like McDonald's.

KB said...

I had a great experience working part time at Barnes & Noble. Starbucks seems like it could be fun, too and they have a reputation for being good to their employees.

Trix in the Stix said...

THREE????????? GEEZ LOUISE!