Thursday, September 3, 2009

R.I.P. Baby Puppies


I was planning all sorts of fun updates on the puppies, but I never thought for a minute I'd have to post this. Sadly, the babies all succumbed to the nasty one-two punch of Parvo and Distemper.

Eight Babies - Day One at my house
My little guys snoozing

Despite heroic efforts by quite a few people, we lost all eight puppies.

In truth, these little guys never really had a chance. Spay and/or neuter your pets, please.
If you have an unplanned litter, at least let mama finish nursing before you take the babies away and PLEASE contact a local rescue group to help you find homes, shelters are no place for young puppies. Tell your friends.

3 comments:

Bee said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. :o(
I had a Samoyed who died from parvo. We had rescued her from an abusive home. She was a great dog!

Trix in the Stix said...

RIP puppies! And PLEASE listen to Kristy's advice... shelters are bad enough for adult dogs... but the are DEADLY for puppies!!

Heather said...

Very sorry, Kristy. You've done so much, though. Many puppies are happy today because of you!