Friday, December 3, 2010

Swamp Forest - Update

Since I moved into this house at the end of July you might think I have tamed the swamp forest by now. Sadly, that is not the case. However, in the last two weeks I have made significant progress.

I have sorted and moved my files to storage and consolidated enough to empty a good-sized portable file drawer. While I was sorting through my random "stuff" I discovered a few treasures. I unearthed a little girl's sweater and when I was checking the size to see if one of my friends could use it I saw one of my grandmother's personalized labels. I'd found a sweater my grandmother knitted for me. That find is en route to my aunt in Kansas City. She gets to decide which one of her granddaughters it will fit. I also found a Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet concert t-shirt. The real kicker is I did not make it to that tour. Somehow ended up with my college roommate's concert t-shirt. Jon, circa 1987, is winging his way back to Los Angeles. Finally, I was able to find a new home for a medium-sized tub full of books. I only have five more tubs to unload.

Current count - 3 empty bins.

Sorry, no picture this time. Big mess...

No comments: