Sunday, July 24, 2011

Four Legged Alarm Clocks

Unfortunately, I have yet to teach the dogs the difference between Sunday and say, Tuesday. So, sometime between 5:00 - 5:30 a.m., they're ready to get up. Despite all my efforts, bribes and various configurations, Kara and Buffy (current foster) outside, Petey inside, Petey outside, Kara and Buffy in the bedroom, everybody back in their respective beds, etc., the best I get is some fitful dozing, until I give up and just get up. Which means, I'm usually up and around no later than 6:30 a.m. (regardless of what time I go to bed.) It's rather aggravating and don't think I haven't thought about a Benadryl cocktail for the household, (thought about it...haven't done it.) but short of some Bose headphones, I'm out of luck....and sleepy.

On the upside, this beautiful Sunday morning, by 9:30 a.m. I had hit the car wash, gone to Home Depot, gassed up the car, gone to the gym and run into Whole Foods for a few things. Woo hoo! Now, if I just had time to take a nap.

No comments: