Monday, August 29, 2011

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold

Last week I not only had the opportunity to see Morgan Spurlock's The Greast Movie Ever Sold, I got to see it in a room full of other marketing people. (Big thank you to Clearpoint Creative for hosting the screening.)

I've been looking forward to renting this movie since I first read about it in Fast Company ages ago. But, the opportunity to see it with a large group of marketing professionals was amazing. For anyone unfamiliar with the concept, Morgan Spurlock, of Super Size Me fame, set out to make a movie about product placement in movies and having the entire movie underwritten by product placement. It was a scream.

Apparently, this movie did have a bit of a niche audience, though. I was relating the evening's events to someone at the office and literally watched his eyes glaze over while I bounced around so excited I could barely stand still.

No comments: