Friday, December 23, 2011

Shopping Misadventures

Misadventures is really a misnomer.  Other than two run ins with rather nasty women, both vehicle related, I had a pretty good experience on my frantic shopping marathon yesterday.  Considering I essentially started my Christmas shopping at 2:00 p.m. yesterday, things went exceptionally well.

I didn't have a long list and I thought I had a pretty simple list.  With one exception, this turned out to be the case.  But, that was one heck of an exception.  I visited no fewer than ten stores and three shopping centers, including the Galleria, in search of this particular item and still ended up empty handed.  I was, ultimately, successful, but only after about an hour of quality time with Google.

Yesterday was completely crazy but mission accomplished with no casualties.  Don't get me wrong, everywhere was super crowded, but people we nice, sales people were friendly and helpful and even the parking lots weren't horrible.

I also witnessed marketing at its finest on my late night trip to the Galleria.  Heading out I came upon hundreds of people lining up in front of the Westin's parking garage. At first I thought this was Occupy the Galleria, but no, it turns out that people started lining up on Tuesday to purchase SHOES?!? Sorry, I don't get it.

As for the vehicle issues.   Apparently I am a b*tch because I attempted to explain to a woman, screaming at me to get out of her way, that she was, in fact, attempting to drive the wrong way down a one way (which is why there wasn't room for two cars, duh!).  AND I am evil because I pointed out to the neighbor's home health aide that she had parked in my driveway.  Actually, she hadn't so much parked in my driveway as parked sideways in both my driveway and my neighbor's driveway.  I wasn't really impressed with her "I just had to run back in and get my cell phone" excuse and when I failed to comment on it, I got a nasty "Happy Holidays".  To which I responded, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas."  Look lady, I'm tired, I have to pee and you are prohibiting me for parking my car, so now I'm blocking traffic. I don't think pointing out that you're blocking my driveway, in the hopes you'll never do it again, is out of line.

No comments: