Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gnome Adventures

Somehow after spending all day behind the register on Christmas Eve staring at the display of goofiness in a box, I ended up with my very own Wee Little Garden Gnome. He'll appear periodically to share his adventures.

His first adventure was on New Year's Day. I took him to visit my pony. {No, I don't actually have a pony. My friend Kim and I helped build a playground recently and we decided to tackle the pony on a spring. We're inordinately proud of our pony because, due to a lack of appropriate tools, it took us three hours to install 8 bolts. }



Unfortunately, our first adventure was a little disappointing.
As you can see, the playground was locked. In addition to being disappointed that we couldn't visit our pony, we are also very confused as to what the point of a playground the neighborhood kids can't actually play in is.





Anyway - you can't really see him all that well, but here's our pony:










11 comments:

Trix in the Stix said...

Yeah for Mr. Kix and your Traveling Gnome!! Well we know he'll have more fun on our next adventure! I'm still undecided as to whether Foot will be tagging along... guess it depends on how much room I have left in my suitcase... or maybe I should carry him on! Too bad I can't find a MINI FOOT!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the lock is from the person living in that house behind the park. They're having enough problems without a bunch of noisy kids having a good time and all disturbing them.

I know that's what I'd do. No one would know if it was official or not and I'd get some sleep in my cozy crack house until they figured it out.

Rhonda Sloan said...

That's pretty sad when you have to lock the playground. But maybe they were just worried that someone would still the MOST AWESOME PONY EVER!

Rhonda Sloan said...

P.S. Please, please, please take off word verification. :)

Anonymous said...

The real question is do we still have mini-Heather?

Trix in the Stix said...

Good question... didn't we give Mini Heather to Regular Heather? If not than Sha... must have kept her because I don't have her.

KB said...

What exactly is mini-heather?

Trix in the Stix said...

I'll have to dig up the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I have her somewhere... She must be in shameful hiding. I don't trust the looks of that gnome. She's been through enough.

Rhonda Sloan said...

OMG... I put "still" instead of "steal"

... the shame!

KB said...

If it makes you feel better, I read steal.