Thursday, February 12, 2009

Questioning My Sanity

I just returned from walking three puppies, separately. You would think it would take longer to walk three puppies separately than it does to take to walk three puppies at once, but you would be wrong. I made the ridiculous attempt to walk all three of them last night and it took us over 30 minutes but we only made it about a quarter way around the block. (Fortunately, I have a back door.) If there had been video running I could have made some serious cash, if I was willing to subject myself to humiliation on national television, which I, most certainly, not. (Sorry America's Funniest Pets).

All three of these little guys are very sweet (thank God!) and interested in making the human happy, at least most of the time. However, I currently have more puppies than I have hands, so chances are, no matter what, someone is going to pee on something. I've been to Target twice this week for Spot Bot refills and should buy stock in Nature's Miracle. We are making headway in the house training department and in their defense, my house isn't set up very well for the process. Also, if two of them are content to lay quietly and chew a bone the third is determined to prevent that from happening and I have yet to figure out why five bones + three dogs = three dogs fighting over one bone.

I have zero regrets about fostering them, but in the future, I'm going to limit my house guests to no more than two at a time. This just doesn't happen often enough.


It has been a crazy week, but one thing I can say for sure is that I have had absolutely no time this week to feel sorry for myself or contemplate the waning of the fourth month without a new job. So, a heart felt thank you to Twitch, Petey and Gus.

No comments: