Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What I've Been Up To.....

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just in case anyone missed me... ;) Last Thursday afternoon I got a call about 8 baby puppies that had been dumped at BARC (the local city shelter). {Why, you ask, would someone turn babies in to a shelter? Because they didn't look like their dog. ??!!} They were less than three weeks old and needed to be bottle fed, could I take them until Saturday?


I've never had puppies this young and had no idea how to handle them, but after hemming and hawing and having every excuse shot down, I agreed to take them. It was just until Saturday, right....Well, that was the theory, but by Sunday morning, I missed the babies and eight is a lot for one person to handle, so I split the litter with another foster. (Wow, after eight, four is a breeze!). So, I'm stumbling around (just like the babies) figuring out how to take care of babies this little.


It's a bit of a challenge to get halfway decent pictures of the little buggers. The only time they're still is when they're asleep!.

P.S.

I wouldn't take any action on me actually giving up all of these puppies. The odds of me not keeping one of them are VERY slim!

No comments: