Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Customer Service - The Flip Side

I ran in to Target today on my lunch hour to pick up a few things and I wasn't in the best frame of mind. That started to change shortly after I arrived. I noticed a lot of busy, happy red-shirted people scurrying around. Two even asked me if I needed help. I witnessed a team meeting (the team didn't look very enthusiastic, but the young leader was giving it his all). I also heard two calls for register back up and one for restroom check. Someone was really paying attention. I don't know exactly how or why, but being around all these hard-working people who seemed to really care about doing a good job was energizing.

Then when I was in the check out line it happened, not once, but three times....proactive customer service. The woman in front of me had picked up three-piece baby outfit that only had two pieces. The clerk not only noticed it, she pointed it out AND offered a discount after the customer said she wanted it any way. Then it was my turn, where the clerk offered me a $.05 discount for bringing my own bag.

I always love Target, but this was so refreshing it made my whole day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...nice to hear about good esp. proactive service... almost never see or hear that!

Anonymous said...

Well dang! My target doesn't offer me a discount when I bring my own bags. New policy maybe?

Rhonda Sloan said...

Ahhh, Target. How many ways do I love thee?

Heather said...

Are you sure you didn't smell a district manager on the premises?

Ohhh had to ruin it didn't I?

Trix in the Stix said...

Is this the same Target I shop at??? Cuz I haven't gotten that treatment yet!

(And I bring my own bags sometimes too)!

KB said...

No, Kim, this was the Target on San Felipe. I was at the Sawyer Target tonight and I did not get a $.05 discount for my bag.