Friday, January 22, 2010

And The Hair Saga Continues....

Someone out there does not want me to get my hair cut.

I have needed a hair cut for quite a while.
I finally made an appointment for New Year’s Eve, but cancelled it after someone at work told me NYE wasn't a holiday at the company. (They were wrong.) I rescheduled, but my hairdresser canceled because she wanted to take the day off. (She didn't even call me herself, she had the salon receptionist call me.) Despite the fact that I couldn't reschedule on the proposed day, I didn't hear from her for over a week. So, more than a little annoyed, I called a friend’s hairdresser and made an appointment with him.

Everything was looking great until about 10:00 a.m. the morning of my appointment when he called to say he was sick (not his fault). I did try and reschedule with him, but hadn’t heard back from him when I got a Groupon for swank local salon. I checked out it out, read some reviews, was impressed, decided to take a chance and booked with them. I now had two appointments, one for color and another for a cut. Fancy.

Now things are hunky dory, right? Well, yes, until this afternoon, when the salon called to confirm the appointment and the name of the person cutting my hair had changed. It didn’t register until after I got off the phone and when I went to the web site the person now cutting my hair was listed as an apprentice. UMMMM WHAT?!? NOT what I signed up for at all. Changing hairdressers is scary enough without this.

I called the salon and they did a good job of talking me off the ledge. Apparently, she’s not an apprentice any longer (gee, I wonder when that happened...last week? {SHUT UP bitchy voice in my head}) and they did apologize for changing stylists without talking to me. So, I am hoping for the best and keeping the appointment. Ironically, the original stylist for my cut decided to take the day off - seems we have come full circle.

Maybe I’ll just start wearing hats.


{And, yes, in case you're wondering, after just watching the Hope For Haiti telethon, I feel like a complete idiot for whining about this.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind driving halfway to Dallas (kidding), you can go to mine. She is super reliable. Just not super convenient for you.

Trix in the Stix said...

So...... how did it go?