Monday, November 10, 2008

Movie Review - The Haunting of Molly Hartley

**********Spoiler Alert**********

If you asked me if I liked the movie at any point up until the last 10-15 minutes, I would have said, "Absolutely". But after the ending, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. For a scary movie, it wasn't terribly scary, although it did startle me several times. By the way, not scaring me to death is a good thing. (To the people whose ear drums I damaged, I am so sorry.)

Overall, the story was good with several twists I didn't see coming and I really enjoyed all of the actors. But, the beginning was confusing, I'm not sure I understand the point of the first sequence, to be honest. Also, I was surprised (and a little disappointed ) by the ending. Definitely didn't see it coming, but I found it anticlimactic. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they are setting up a sequel. If that's the case, I think they were trying too hard. If they're not planning a sequel, I think the end was contrived for the sole purpose of being unexpected. On the whole, though, I'd have to say I did enjoy the ride.

No comments: