Monday, February 22, 2010

Dear John

I went to Dear John without expectations; to be honest I went to Dear John almost accidentally. Kim (of Trix In The City)and I went to the theater intending to see something else, I forget what, but it was sold out and Dear John was the only movie starting reasonably soon that wasn't one of our "no" list. While I thought The Notebook was beautiful, I'm not a big Nicholas Sparks fan and I'd read some mixed reviews, so I didn't know what to expect.

It was wonderful. The characters were multidimensional and story was heartbreakingly authentic. While the story occasionally felt predictable, but it never actually went where I expected it to, which was a nice change of pace. I'd say more, but part of the pleasure of this movie is the journey it takes you on and I don't want to diminish that for you.

Watch it - you'll enjoy it. It's not what you expect.

1 comment:

Bossy Betty said...

Thanks for the review!